MIL-DTL-38999 TYPE CONNECTOR WITH COMPACT DESIGN
FOR VEHICLES | POWER UNIT | RADAR SYSTEM | OPTRONIC DEVICES | WEAPON SYSTEMS | SHELTERS
POW – Power Connector
Bernier designed the POW connectors specially for equipments asking high current supply in harshenvironments.
MIL-DTL-38999 type connector with compact design, offering extended safety power range and signal contacts for data transfers & communication.
Quick Ergonomic Locking system. Modular connector configuration in several sizes.
Low insertion and extraction force.
POW series include a circular single pole modular connector, high current handing capability inside a small size design. Used for electrical power supply & distribution architecture.
With its easy mating and quick release mechanism, the POW series is designed for mass production in terms of optimizing the connector behavior and guaranties a high reliability; it has both electrical and mechanical characteristics.
Easy to assemble and customized according to specifications.
Two configurations of the connector are available: at 90° and straight for panel and cable to cable applications. Possibility to have a 360° feature EMI/RFI shielding and sealed to IP67.
Push-Pull or Bayonet
• 4 sizes of connectors : 300, 400, 600 and 700 (up to 1000 A)
• Ergonomic locking system – Safety: IP2X Finger
• 2 types of configurations: Single power pole or Mixed power and signal.
• 3 types of shells: aluminium (standard), Stainless Steel and Plastic (options)
. Connector Technology
The metallic and watertight shells complete to bring the necessary toughness for the required high level reliability. The POW serie construction includes also the «Finger protection» function for user giving an exceptional ability to adapt to a multitude of applications and environments.
POW connectors are appreciated for their flexibility to fit customer specifications.
Our Design team is able to propose versions answering to your needs. Reinforcements can be applied in case of use in harder climatic, ergonomic and electromagnetic conditions.
Caps and backshells can also be improved to bring a better ergonomics on your configuration.
ELECTRICAL PERFORMANCE *
*depending on connector size
• Continuous Maximum Current Rate (EIA-364-70): from 120A to 1000A
300 : 120 A | 400 : 300 A | 600 : 600 A | 700 : 1000 A
• Max operation Voltage : from 500Vac RMS / 600Vdc to 1000Vac RMS / 1500Vdc
*depending of the shell material and plating
• Endurance, mating & un-mating cycles minimum (EIA-364-09) : from 500 to 1000 cycles
• Connector mating & un-mating forces endurance (EIA-364-13) :from 120N* max to 200N* max
• Operation Temperature: -55 °C to 155°C (optional 260°C).
• Fire and smoke according to EN 45545-2 for railway apps
• IP 67 waterproof
• RoHS & REACH : Compliant, unless Olive Drab Cadmium plating